When you are working under someone, you always have to maintain a safe distance and watch what you speak. What you say can be used against you explicitly or in a subtle manner, during that much needed promotion. Further to this, there are certain things which can even have you fired.
The “would you rather” questions can be very amusing and at the same time have the ability to get you into serious trouble if you don’t know what to ask whom. You may think those are funny questions to just pull the person’s leg, but it can have serious impact on you.
Here are a few questions, which may seem fun to ask a co-worker or a friend, but when you ask your employer, is sure to get you fired. We came up with these at work when we were just too bored and wanted something to keep us awake. Though everything sounds funny, My would you rather question got the biggest laugh.
- Would you rather sleep your way through to get that prestigious award or have your assistant sleep with the award deciding team?
- Would you rather use an expired or unapproved ingredient to make your product a success or bribe your way to get that ingredient listed as safe?
- Would you rather sleep with the competitor’s team member or let your wife sleep with him to win that project you both are bidding on?
- How did you rise to the top so easily when even the lowest cadre employee is smarter than you?
- How much did you have to pay each person to start treating you like a boss, so that others will follow suit?
- How much can I quote for giving out details of that secret project you have been working on last few months?
These questions may seem correct and funny when you think it up, however, when you ask your employer such personal and derogating questions, even in the name of fun can have you fired immediately.